12 Days of Fizzmas!

IMG_7832

Saturday, December 10 – December 23

In our perfect 12 days of Xmas, we don’t get partridges, swans swimming, or maids milking. We get Champagne every night! So, you know what that means… It’s time to bust out the Farmer Fizz again. No factory produced, or marketing inspired bubbles here. We will be pouring 12 different all estate produced, family crafted Champagnes each night. Whether you like the earth driven Pinot Noir heavy bottles, or the racy Chardonnay inspired offerings, you won’t want to miss a night! Oh yeah, did we mention fresh shucked oysters every night to pair? Come as you are. Glass of bubbly and two oysters for around 20 bucks!

Don’t miss the kick off tasting from noon-4pm in the Downtown Tasting Room on Saturday, December 10. This is free to wine club members and $15 for everyone else!

Check back here, like us on Facebook or Follow us on Instagram for updates.

On the first day of Fizzmas…

Moussé Fils L’Or d’Eugene Brut

While Moussé Fils stated mission, perfecting the art of growing Pinot Meunier, is very non traditional, their method with this 80% Pinot Meunier 20% Pinot Noir Blanc de Noir is also surprisingly different. Cedric Moussé employs a true Solera method to this NV. Not satisfied by just blending a couple of vintages, this wine has juices blended from 2003-2013. While it definitely has prominent fruit pieces, it’s the notes of chocolate & pumpernickel that I think showcase what Pinot Meunier can really do well. 

On the Second day of Fizzmas…

Jean Laurent Brut Rosé

this wine is  100% Pinot Noir, though 80% of it is classic Blanc de Noir and the other 20% is still Pinot Noir that is added at the end of the process. The family has been growing wine in the village of Celles-sur-Ource for more than 1,000 years. a voluptuous nose and body of big red fruit that is rounded out with warm spice notes and a bracing acidity that demands more. more what?

more wine. more food, 

more everything…

628x471